Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
I found this book in the net when I searched for info about the book Fallen by Lauren Kate, well that was because both tells about fallen angels. And then there are other books about fallen angels too, just like how vampire novels sprout after Twilight.
I'd say I like the book. Maybe 3 out of 5. Unlike when I was reading Fallen (which I haven't even finished reading), the narration was sort of engaging. Not boring in short. Just refer to summaries on the net for the story, or else I'll spoil it for you.
What I like:
1) The narration is good. The author describes things well.
2) Patch annoying Nora. And Patch himself. Sucker for bad boys...
3) Twist. I hadn't expected that. But then the thing is, when I arrived at the shocker parts of the story, I was like, "Oh..." and then that's it.
What I don't like:
1) WARNING! SPOILER! SUPER SPOILER! BUT I REALLY HAVE TO POST THIS! To those who haven't read the book, Patch was a fallen angel and there's this choice wherein he had to save a life so he can have his wings back and become a guardian angel... fast forward... in the end, Patch regained his wings and became Nora's guardian angel. But then in the Hush, Hush world, angels can go back and forth the earth and live with human beings. So even though Patch became a guardian angel, he was still with Nora as Patch the Student, so they can continue with their love. I don't know, I just find it odd. Because I think, since Patch became a GA, he should belong to heaven and so the love would be kind of forbidden. But then it's the Hush, Hush world, it's not my story...
2) I don't feel love between Patch and Nora. Attraction, yes. Lust, definitely.
I was working on this story about an angel falling in love with a mortal. I promise I started the story way before I read this novel. Sort of GA stuff too, that's why. But then mine was more than a City of Angels thing than Hush, Hush thing. So that's ok...